Donnerstag, 21. August 2014

Day #5: Departure, Meeting my host family and my second burger :)

Hey everybody!
Let's move on to Sunday!

Breakfast!
As Pomfret School wasn't that far away from Pittsfield, I could sleep until 7:00 a.m. (while others had to wake up at 4:30 a.m.!). After packing the last few things into my backpack from ASSIST, I went together with some others to the breakfast, where I ate two Donuts, some Bacon, a pancake and a bowl of pineapple.

Munchkins
After that, I went to the bus and then we drove about one hour to the Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, where my host sister Gabriela and her advisor from Miss Hall's, Ari, picked me and two other Girls who will be attending MH next year up. On the drive I was immediately able to try a typical american pastry: Munchkins! These little Sweets are like the German "Krapfen", just a lot smaller and they were really yummy! :)

As Gabriela's parents wheren't at home, I first met my older host brother, Max. Their house and my room are both really cool! :)

About two hours later, the parents arrived as well, so I took the presents for them out of my suitcases and we opened them together. It seemed as if they liked them :)


My room
Afterwards, we went to a Restaurant in the City, where I ate a really yummy Burger with french fries. I really liked it! After that, I just went ino my room to put everything out of my suitcases, because I really hate "living out of a suitcase"!

 My whole hostfamily is just amazing (including their huge German Shepard Auggie) and I'm really happy to live here for the next two weeks and probably for some vacations later on!

Love,
Sophie


My burger
                                                                                                 Me and my host sister G






 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen